segunda-feira, 3 de setembro de 2018

Carlos Matos Jr proposal for Film Universities

 

Almoço de trabalho com a cúpula da Universal Filmes e Alfred Hitchcock 

My name is Carlos Guimaraes de Matos Jr.

I am a filmmaker with extensive experience in the history of Brazilian cinema.

My cinematographic experience has passed through the positions of head of government cinema bodies in Brazil, experience as a producer at C.IC (Paramount, Metro Universal) in Latin America, independent film producer in Brazil, founder and President of  ! Gramado Film Festival as well as the 1st Congress of the Brazilian Film Industry

An extremely difficult time, directing the paths of cinematographic art in the middle of the military dictatorship. With my academic background as an economist, my focus was on giving direction to the industrial development of Brazilian cinema, creating market protection mechanisms, financing film productions at subsidized interest, and facilitating imports of exhibition production equipment and laboratories.

As a result, the 1970s, in which I worked in public agencies, is considered a time of high growth for the Brazilian film industry.

I was also a professor of RTVC (Radio, TV and Cinema) at the School of Propaganda and Marketing (RJ), professor of cinematographic production at the Catholic University of Petrópolis and Professor of the MBA Course in Cultural Management at the Candido Mendes University (RJ)

I believe that this broad experience can be useful to students who want to know better the history of the development of Brazilian cinema.

I can teach classes, give lectures “online” or in person.

I am open to studying a solution for this partnership.

 

A highlight of my career was my personal contact with Alfred Hitchcock at Universal Films studios. My information Photos on the Blog. https://canalfilmebrasileiro.blogspot.com/

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailing information above:

I was once President of the National Institute of Cinema, the highest body of Brazilian cinema at the time, now represented by ANCINE.

I was Director of Operations at Embrafilme, a state-owned company that financed and distributed hundreds of feature films.

I was executive producer of Cinema International Corporation (Paramount, Metro, Universal) for Latin America, having produced full-length films in Brazil and also supported the group's international productions in Brazil.

I was President of the First Congress of the Brazilian Cinematography Industry that took place in 1974 in Rio de Janeiro.

I was one of the creators and president of the first Gramado Film Festival, today the largest Film Festival in Latin America

 I was also president of the second Gramado Film Festival,

 

Contact information

Email: carlosgmatosjr@gmail.com

Tel 55 31 984944660

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário